IT System Engineer
|Benefits:||Medica,l Dental, Vision, Life, and company matched 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||IT System Engineer|
In this role you will provide IT help desk support to our internal users, across a wide variety of technologies including Windows Server 2003/2008, VMWare, Citrix XenApp, Active Directory, VoIP Phone System, and Exchange 2010.
The position will work closely with our Network Engineer to optimize network infrastructure, provide maintenance, testing and patching of our various servers.
You will also work as part of a small IT team that is also responsible for desktop support, basic troubleshooting and PC moves. You must be able to lift over 50lbs and be available for night / weekend work occasionally. You may be on-call to provide after-hours support to our users. You must also be available for one overnight IT maintenance day per month.
|Duties:||• Ensure customer issues are promptly addressed, documented and resolved. |
• Act as an escalation point for Junior IT help desk team members.
• Perform computer and server hardware, software and/or network troubleshooting and maintenance remotely and on-site.
• Assist local and remote staff with computer, connectivity and software issues.
• Documentation of process and projects through a ticket management system.
• Meeting / Exceeding SLAs.
• Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Make recommendations for future technology needs.
• Communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner
• Provide end user training as needed
• Troubleshoot network printer problems
• Excellent communications skills
• Able to work in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment supporting almost 450 users.
|Qualifications:||• 5 + years of VM Ware, Windows server, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS|
• At least 2+ years of experience with technologies including Linux Red Hat, Cisco,
• Familiarity with Star2star, Backup systems, maintenance best practices, switch and router configuration a plus.
• Heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required
• Excellent customer service ethic and strong communication skills.
• MCSE or equivalent work experience
• Experience coordinating with 3rd party vendors such as Phone Systems Vendors, and ISPs.
• Strong knowledge of VPN, Backups, Citrix User Support, Imaging (Fog), Antivirus and Systems Management tools,
• Must be able to work in a team environment and individually
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.